• Set up and operate one or more of the following machines: Manual lathe and/or manual mill
• Apply technical application knowledge in tooling, blue print reading including GDT, and processes for a wide variety of materials. Duties include machining complex geometries and threading. May be required to grind own tools for special requirements.
• Work from factory work orders, routings, drawings, process drawings & layout sheets, written or verbal instructions.
• Inspect work produced, including in process inspection, using micrometers, vernier calipers, or other measuring instruments. Maintain tolerances as close as 0.0005”.
• Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by the supervisor and report operating difficulties of equipment.
• Train and instruct other employees when requested.
• Perform duties in accordance with company policies.
• Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental and ergonomics.
• Perform other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY:
Education: Requires knowledge equivalent to high school education plus ability to read and interpret component prints or drawings, make average to complicated arithmetic calculations and resolve elementary technical problems.
Experience: Requires a minimum of 4 years previous work experience on manual lathe equipment doing comparable work.
It is the policy of B&W Machine Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.